DiGRA 2019 KYOTO is over. Thank you very much for over 400 ateendants to the conference. At the closing session held on Aug. 10th, the venue of DiGRA 2020 was disclosed. It will be held from June 2 to 6th in Tampere, Finland! The call for paper is available from here. See you again in Tampere!
Banquet was held on Aug. 9th (Fri) at The Sodoh Higashiyama Kyoto
Courtesy of Kenji Ono
Opening session will be held on Aug. 7th (Wed) 10:20-10:40 at the following rooms. @311 conducted by Fujihara(藤原), @304 by Nakamura(中村), @305 by Aibara(粟飯原), @307 by Furuichi(古市). Important notices will be described at each rooms using the following slide.
※For WiFi connection, please connect to SSID: Rits-Webauth with the Password: webauth.ritsumei.ac.jp. Then, please use the ID and password included in your conference bag.
Slide used at opening session is available/downloadable from here.
You can find the final program , brochure, and the printed name tags and others are waiting for you in Kyoto! So, why don’t you read this Dietary Restriction Guide ? This guide is written by Joleen Blom who is a student at IT University of Copenhagen (Denmark). We believe it will help you much to survive at local restaurants in Kyoto!
By the way, there are some important notices to the attendants. It will be presented by the local organizers on Aug. 7 at conference rooms, but it would be good for you to know before that.
- – Please do not loose your name card (name tag). It also works as a ticket for lunch, coffee break, and dinner. For those who have booked banquet and/or excursion, it works as tickets for those.
- – Regular/Pescatarian/Vegan/Special sign will be shown at the entrance of the restaurant for lunch. Please follow the sign.
- – Gender neutral restrooms are called Multi-Purpose rooms in Japan. You can find it at the center of each floor.
- – WiFi is available. Please read and follow the instruction document included in the attendants kit. You also need to follow the document downloadable from here. You can also use Eduroam.
- – Staff room is Zonshin “408”. If you need any help, please visit us.
Within several days, we will get together in Kyoto!
The deadline for online registration was on Aug 2 17:00 (Japan Time)! After this, please understand that you can only register on-site.For On-site registration, no special food option is available. (Regular menu and a salad bar).
Since we need to print name cards and prepare for registration, for those who are making a decision, we urge you to register before July 20th. After July 20th, you can still register, however, you need to fill your name on the blank name card. The receipt will also be prepared but the name needs to be filled on the spot. You can register online until Aug 2nd (Caution This is 17:00 Japan time) that mean for some of you, it needs to be registered on August 1st. In order to avoid confusion, we would like to ask you to register online rather than pay them onsite. Even if you are paying on-site, please ensure to send such request to the address below